Recipe: Cream of fennel and anti-inflammatory saffronPublished In: 07 Nov 2016
Cream of fennel is a fantastic, low calorie dish that is good for the diet at the same time. This is an easy recipe to make and delicious to taste. We know, now that winter is upon us: the cold season is approaching and we need something hot on the table to warm our body. And if you are looking for a light dish to keep the eye on your waistline, you've come to the right place. This dish can be used as a starter to cleanse the stomach before starting dinner or as a main dish, accompanied with delicious croutons. The saffron will give flavor and color to your dinner!
We present the recipe for cream of fennel and anti-inflammatory saffron.
- 400 grams fennel
- 1 potato
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the fennel in order to remove all traces of dirt. Also remove the outer leaves. Cut the fennel icing. Then peel the potato and cut it into cubes. Pour oil in a pot. Sauté the fennel in a saucepan and add the onion and potato cubes
- Leave it on the pan for 5 minutes, making sure the flame is not too high. Add salt, sprinkle with flour. Add enough water to cover the fennel and cook over medium-high heat.
- When the fennel is soft, remove everything from the fire and mix it with the blender.
- Add the saffron and continue to blend until creamy.
- Add a drizzle of raw oil and pepper.
Did you know that fennel is a known to benefit your health? It is a friend of the stomach and kidneys and able to purify the body and regulate the bowels. It’s also an effective remedy for abdominal bloating and flatulence. The high anethole content makes it a vegetable useful in strengthening the immune system, oxygenating the brain and lowering the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. The research also established that fennel helps to prevent the formation of cancerous cells and to counter the possible negative effects of chemotherapy. Although saffron is a healing spice: it is high in carotenoids and its protein content make it a condiment with many beneficial properties. Saffron is used to treat menstrual pain, stomach cramps, insomnia and even depression! Try our velvety recipe to deflate your body back into shape!