Recipe: Homemade Gnocchi with HempPublished In: 06 Feb 2017
These dumplings are one of the most popular traditional Italian dishes. If you are looking for an alternative way of cooking gnocchi, we have a great, innovative recipe to make delicious homemade hemp dumplings!
This is a simple recipe, with which you can use to impress the whole family at Sunday lunch! The hemp is really a plant of a thousand and more uses; as well as being used in the kitchen, its seeds have indeed remarkably useful properties for the body, hemp is used in the textile field, to make paper, and is even used as a fuel in bio-building sector and as a tool for bio-plastics.
How to make hemp gnocchi
Today we have a great method of adding hemp to your kitchen; here is the recipe for homemade hemp gnocchi!
- Potato 500g
- Hemp flour 20g
- Soft wheat flour as needed
- 1 egg
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the potatoes and boil; once it is a little cooked, peel them carefully being sure to remove all outside. Now you can start mash them with the potato masher. Once crushed, leave to cool.
- When they are warm, mix the egg, hemp flour and a pinch of wheat flour.
- Knead with your hands; when the egg has been absorbed, transfer all the dough on a floured pastry board after kneading carefully.
- Gradually add the white flour until you get a consistent dough, but not too much. At this point, roll the mixture a little at a time, leaving small cylinders and then cut the dumplings.
- Arrange the dumplings on a baking tray with flour and cover.
- At this point, you can dress them as you prefer! Just dip the dumplings in a pot with salted water and pick them up with a slotted spoon when they appear on the surface.
- As a condiment, it may want a sauce of pesto, tomato or just olive oil.
Hemp is a very beneficial food for the health of our body. It is a plant whose therapeutic qualities have been known to oriental populations even since 1000 BC! Among the major uses that can be made of this plant, the food definitely deserves attention. The seed of hemp, in fact, is considered the most nutritious seed that there is, with a protein content of 25%. It is also a valuable food as it contains all 9 essential amino acids; also it contains fatty acids useful for the organism, such as linoleic acid omega-6 and omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid. And rich in vitamins, especially vitamin B, carotene and minerals. The oil made from it is a precious ally for your health. Hemp is important from a nutritional point of view: it helps to strengthen the immune system, lower cholesterol and valuable for those suffering from muscle problems, metabolic, and cardiovascular diseases related to the liver or nervous system.